- Warning: Spoilers ahead for "Game of Thrones" season eight, episode five, "The Bells."
- 560 babies were named "Khaleesi" in 2018 in the US.
- Khaleesi is one of the many titles assumed by Daenerys Targaryen in the monumentally popular HBO series "Game of Thrones."
- Many of those who named their daughter after Daenerys were probably reeling on Sunday night after the Mother of Dragons lay waste to thousands of innocents in a city that had already surrendered.
- The Daily Beast and The Cut both spoke to mothers who had named their daughters after the Mother of Dragons.
- While one said the name now felt "bittersweet," another backed her queen to the hilt: "I'm still rooting for her. I don't think she did anything wrong."
Daenerys Targaryen: The Mad Queen?
As the surrender bells rang out across the Red Keep, Daenerys took off on her dragon and lay waste to thousands of innocent people.?
This posed a problem for the surprisingly large number of people who named their children after the Mother of Dragons.
Data from the Social Security Administration shows that 560 babies were named "Khaleesi" in 2018 alone, making it the 549th most popular name in the US.?
Khaleesi is one of Daenerys' many titles, which she acquired when she was married to Khal Drogo the Dothraki chieftain.
Khaleesi simply means "queen" in Dothraki and Daenerys was referred to as such for the first few seasons of "Thrones" by her followers.
Even though Khaleesi is technically a title and not a name, hundreds of people chose it for their own newborn daughters.
So, how are they feeling about their decision after Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, Breaker of Chains, destroyed the lives of thousands of innocents??
The Daily Beast spoke to one such mother who said: "I'm kind of in shock."
"It was kind of disappointing that her power trip took over. That was not cool."
The mother, named Jasmine Estrada from Miami, said that she stood by the name for her now-six-year-old, but added that she "didn't like the outcome of what she represents," and called the name "kind of bittersweet right now."
Estrada can take solace in the slight spelling difference in her daughter's name, though; she's called "Khalessi," which came from her own mother mispronouncing the character's title.
Some moms are standing by their queen, though.
"I'm still behind her," Katherine Acosta, whose Khaleesi is one year old, told The Cut.
"Even after last night's episode, I'm still rooting for her. I don't think she did anything wrong. I think she did what she had to do.
"[...] After the episode, a lot of people kept tagging me on memes and being like, 'How do you feel that Khaleesi has that name now that Daenerys did all of that?' I'm like, I don't feel anything different. It's not like she did it just 'cause. If you watch the show, she had every right."
Such fealty to the Targaryen rule would surely be rewarded with a title and a castle to boot in Westeros, but we'd better hope Daenerys turns it around in the show's final episode this Sunday.
RELATED VIDEO:?Make-up artist turns herself into 'Jon Snow' of Game of Thrones [Provided by Newsflare]
- Sexual abuse survivors find strength and dignity through fashionClothing can change lives, that's the mission behind Atlanta nonprofit Free Fab'rik. They partner with transitional homes to help women find hope.CNN
- Service dog meets ChewbaccaOn a trip to what many call the most magical place on Earth, a service dog got to say hello to her favorite character. Sparrow the service dog was visibly over the moon when she met Chewbacca from "Star Wars." As InsideEdition.com's Stephanie Officer finds out, it was a treat for a dog that works so hard to bring smiles to her owners' faces.Inside Edition
- Dog demands attention from owner by shutting laptopOne pet clearly did not enjoy being ignored while his owner lounged around with his laptop, so he took matters into his own hands (or paws).TODAY
Make-up artist turns herself into 'Jon Snow' of Game of ThronesNewsflare6:13
Sexual abuse survivors find strength and dignity through fashionCNN2:13
Service dog meets ChewbaccaInside Edition2:39
Dog demands attention from owner by shutting laptopTODAY0:30
Gender reveal gone wrong: Dad kicks ball into neighbor’s yardTODAY0:40
Kate says Prince William struggled with becoming a fatherInstyle1:23
Sneak peek: Meghan and Harry Plus OneCBS News3:51
Meghan Markle's close friends deny rumors she's difficultCBS News3:14
8 weird royal baby traditionsVanity Fair3:14
Will royal baby Archie be raised a vegan?Buzz601:06
Celebs and their petsHarper's Bazaar3:03
Dark side of wildlife tourism: Selfies with animals may come at a costTODAY2:52
Coinage: The cost of Meghan Markle’s ethical jewelsInstyle1:39
Is This the Next Beethoven?Inside Edition1:08
Man Pretends to Be 'Fake Boyfriend' to Help WomenInside Edition1:54
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle share impressive travel photos taken by Harry himselfInstyle1:12